Getting inside someone’s inbox is the modern day equivalent of getting inside their mailbox with direct mail – it can be powerful if executed correctly. The subject line is by far the most important part but the structure, clarity, verbiage, aesthetics, call-to-action and even time of day play an important part as well.
There are many different ways to market via email and like most of marketing, the tactic right for you will depend on budget and goals. Below are a list of the most common types of email marketing:
- Internal – utilize your internal email database. This tactic is the least expensive and always receives the best response since users are asking for email from you. Good open rates are around 20%+.
- That being said, it takes a long time to build up a significant number of users. Conversion optimization on your website will help grow this user base.
- Sponsored Email – this allows you to leverage another brand’s internal email database. Results are typically not as high as an internal email but better than a cold email. Open rates vary depending on the brand but you would want at least 20% open rate and a 2% CTR.
- Behaviorally Targeted Email – target by geography, demographic (HHI, age, interests) or even consumer behavior (own a Hyundai, shop Gap, etc.). This will have the lowest response rate since it’s essentially a “cold” email. A good open rate for a cold email is anything over 10% and at least a 2% CTR.
Bahr Digital can assist with any part of your email strategy or execute from beginning to end. Below are a list of our email marketing services:
- Content calendar and creation
- Landing page optimization
- Conversion optimization
- Vendor relationship & analysis
- Reporting & ROI
Pricing will vary depending on scope of work, length of project and the hours involved. Please contact for details.