As advertising evolves, the market becomes more saturated with advertising and consumers become more ad savvy it’s increasingly difficult to stand out to consumers. Even harder for them to remember you after you stand out. Content is a great way to ensure the consumer engages with your brand on a deeper level resulting in higher direct response and longer retention.
Ideally online content should be easy to share and offer value to the consumer so they want to share it. Over time, this establishes you as a leader in your industry and valuable resource for consumers.There are numerous SEO benefits as well.
There are many forms of digital content which are explained in more detail below:
- Sponsored Online Content/Advertorial/Native Content– similar to PR. This is created to appear natural within a news or content site but is actually promotional. Buzzfeed is a great example of someone that successfully executes a lot of these.
- Syndicated Online Content – an article published on a network of websites with links back to you.
- Video Content – valuable consumer content in the form of video. Great examples would be instructional videos, how to’s, tasty recipe videos, videos modeling products, educational videos, etc.
- Interactive Content– this often comes in the form of an online survey or quiz but also can be a game or contest. It prompts the user to take action and engage with your brand.
- Blog – the most commonly employed type of content marketing. Blog articles should provide valuable information that’s educational, comedic, inspirational, etc. and ideally relevant to your industry or product.
Content is a very time consuming but key piece of any online marketing strategy. If you’re going to start a content marketing strategy, begin by making a content calendar structured around your season and goals. Bahr Digital can help with the following:
- Content Calendar
- Content Creation
- Content Implementation (on your site or other sites)
- Content promotion
If you’re interested in this more natural approach to engaging with customers, please contact us to discuss putting together a content strategy that establishes that meets your company’s goals.